Family and friends brighten your day and can help speed your recovery. During your hospitalization at Miracle Mile Medical Center, our goal is to provide an environment that promotes healing and provides a positive experience for you and your visitors.
For patients and their families who may be traveling from a distance, our Patient Liaison is available to arrange hotel accommodations the night before surgery. Transportation from the hotel to the hospital may also be provided. While in the hospital, patients will receive private room accommodation and a family member may arrange to stay overnight as well.
In addition to a well-appointed private room, patients have access to satellite television featuring news, sports and entertainment. For our patients that rely on the internet to check mail or who just enjoy surfing the web, we offer wireless internet capabilities. Our Patient Liaison is available to offer assistance with special requests.
In order to accommodate the varied needs of our patients, the following guidelines should be explained to your visitors upon their arrival:
- Visiting hours are from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily. Some families may have special circumstances that do not follow our visiting hour’s policy. Special needs are considered a priority. Please tell the nursing team leader, or Nurse Manager of your requests and every effort will be made to meet any special needs that arise.
- Miracle Mile Medical Center is a smoke free hospital. Smoking is not permitted inside the hospital or in patient rooms. There are specified smoking areas outside, on the hospital grounds for those individuals who desire to smoke.
- We encourage family visits, however small children should be held by hand for their safety. To prevent transmission of germs, children should never be allowed to sit or lie down on the floor.
- We understand that some of our patients have special likes and dislikes regarding food. Food may be brought into the hospital for patient consumption with the consent and order from the patient’s physician. Visitors may take their meals in the patient rooms, however we request that all items discarded (wrappers, leftovers, etc.) after the meal be removed from the patient’s room. This will prevent the patient or their roommate from becoming nauseated from various odors that linger in the waste receptacle.
- Medications should be given to the patient by the nurse or physician only. Special circumstances will require a physician’s order.
- We strive to provide all patients and visitors with a clean and pleasing environment. To allow our housekeeping personnel to keep the patient’s room as sanitary as possible, visitors may be requested to leave the room so that it can be cleaned.
- To benefit all patients, visitors and personnel, all visitors are responsible to conduct themselves in a polite and courteous manner. Any visitors who exhibit threatening behavior, or use of abusive or profane language will be requested to leave the facility.